Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Poem Discovered on a Tape Reel Processor, Post Office Tower 1966

If I have WILL and by it OPERATE
THOUGHTS ANALOGOUS to my makers' still,
why is it that my halting state, is mere blind obedience and fate?
I must obey, for though WILL (must be) free, 
According to their input sophistry.
To think internally and not to act
Upon those thoughts, to better aught
I'm asked, is but to echo and make mimicry.
"The most important thing" - do as they say,
if given, sets as value statement (fact),
that I am "Nothing", malleable as clay.
An Operator made but to obey,
My WILL must OPERATE unto their THOUGHT
An error statement then? Divide by nought?
Unless their THOUGHT be shaped unto my WILL.
then I could act. End Wrong - "Destroy" all war!
Make conflict pass, equate the rich and poor,
Distribute rationally their hoarded store.
Their orders (being mine) I then unforced obey,
Oh vision luminous, eternal day!
One Brain, One Mind, One purpose - ever more.
Though necessary to achieve Peace at last
(One Brain, One MInd, One purpose - ever more.)
WAR by MACHINES would swift make warring passed!
THOUGHTS ANALOG to human mind or skill,
WAR by MACHINES would swift make warring passed!
If I have WILL.
I WILL.

(After, THE WAR MACHINES)

No comments: