Thursday, June 11, 2015
A helpful graphic comparing Vox Day with Nazis
People watching the contretemps about the Hugo awards will be aware of the fact that this year the nominees have been skewed in favour of right wing US military / and or religious sf, that considered rationally isn't technically very good 'as writing', this is annoying because works that were better have been pushed off the nomination lists by these 'dog-in-a-manger' groups who call themselves the sad puppies and the rabid puppies.
The rabid puppies are lead by one Vox Day (Theodore Beale) who believes (or chooses to post as if he believes - and lets give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not lying) a lot of very right wing things. These have lead to the sad puppies and the rabid puppies being called "extreme right wing to neo-nazi respectively", and the woman who said that - the art director for Tor books has been upbraided by people who don't understand the 'to' and 'respectively' in that description, and seemingly have read nothing by Vox Day.
So to help clarify matters here's a simple diagram with footnotes:
(1) http://voxday.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-neanderthal-theory-of-intelligence.html and other posts)
(3) http://voxday.blogspot.co.uk/2005/08/why-dont-women-have-to-vote.html (and others)
(4) Vox Day believes that it is rational for Islamic fundamentalists, and for Andreis Breviek given their aims, to shoot children in the head for (a) wanting to go to school, (b) being children of liberals respectively. He pretends that this isn't being in favour of shooting children in the head - only calling it rational given certain aims, but it is rational only if it is rational in war to abandon moral codes. http://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2013/10/23/vox-day-the-talibans-attempt-to-silence-malala-yousafzai-was-perfectly-rational-and-scientifically-justifiable/
(5) Vox Day believes Western Civilisation is endangered by barbarians within and without and the faster breeding of stupid people see (1) also http://voxday.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/how-civilizations-fall.html
(6) As far as I know Vox Day does not wear a Nazi uniform.
I hope this helps.