Sunday, September 29, 2019

The Four Keys

I had four keys made of moonlight
The first unlocked the doors of night
The second, the vaults of the moon
The third, the flower that's yet to bloom
Oh but the fourth key that I lost
Is the one that I cared for most

I had a key made of moonlight
It did not lock the doors of night
Nor yet, the vaults beneath the moon
It could not raise the time-lost bloom
It was the key that wound your heart
Since I lost that we now must part.

For you are colder than moonlight
More sealed to me than doors of night
Austere as vaults empty of air
For flowers unborn, you have no care
Away you pushed me, so I fell
I think the fourth key lies in Hell.

Some devil whispers, "Forged anew
A fifth key will the love renew."
But I must face the certainty,
Your heart is closed, at least to me.
And mine lies underneath your feet,
Such keys can not be counterfeit.



No comments: