Friday, July 16, 2010

HORNS OF NIMON THE MUSICAL: SCENE 2

GUARDS’ DUET

THIN GUARD

Not long now, be stout hearted, to Skonnos be true.
(Sotte voice) And I’ll be glad to see the back of you.
For the Second Skonnon Empire will arise, and rule the skies.
(Sotte voice) And I’ll not have to see your bulbous thighs
See your uniform distend
Hear you shout your bloody “weakling scum”
I’ve heard it all weekend
I not have to sit and watch you scratch your bum.
(I mean your arse)
These trips are torture if – like me - you’re got a bit of class.
[Aloud] The Nimon I have heard has promised these slaves will be the last
(Sotte voice) And you can wobble off and make a fast-food joint aghast.

TOGETHER

And the Nimon will bring us the power that we lack
To put the Skonnon Empire back! We’ll heed the Nimon’s call.
And when we have our Empire back, we’ll pillage, rape and even sack

THIN GUARD
(Sotte voice) And we’ll put fat fools up against the wall!

FAT GUARD

What are we waiting for then, although this ship’s just a rust-bucket
(Sotte voice) And though I’m fat, I’m not quite deaf, so you, you can
just shut it.
We can go faster if we know this trip is our last time in this crate
(Sotte voice) And I’m no more glad that you’re here to moan about me, mate!
Just because I like to keep
The Aneth firmly knowing, they’re in Skonnos’ strong hand
I have to keep my phrases simple: no use bein’ deep
For ‘weakling scums’ the only thing they understand.
I have to watch you preen and sniff, and raise your brows.
But you don’t receipt the Odes Of Mebon to a load of cows!

[Aloud] And if you’re right and the Nimon has said these are the last
We’ll set the power to overblast, cut through the Forbidden Zone
We’ll get there twice as fast!

TOGETHER

And the Nimon will bring us the power that we lack
To put the Skonnon Empire back! We’ll heed the Nimon’s call.
And when we have our Empire back, we’ll pillage, rape and even sack

FAT GUARD
(Sotte voice) And we’ll put thin bastards up against the wall!

No comments: