Sunday, March 19, 2006

A Pogues Song (Classic CS5M)

(Him)

I first saw your drawers
To desultry applause
You were strippin’ for coppers in soho
Wastin’ yeh youth, in a coin fed booth
And I wondered how far that you would go.

(Her)

The state of your eyes
Was my first glad surprise
And that fact that your hands, I could see ‘em
You looked at me then, unlike the other men
As you’d gaze on statues in museums

(Him)

I said miss, leave yeh bad ways, it’s a pitence they pays
Don’t piss away all of yeh coffers, sell yeh drawers on the net
And ye’ll find that they get more cash in than these wankers’ offers
we’ll find yeh a scam, I’m a devious man, and you are a wanton who’s pretty
Throw yeh lot in with me, and I’m sure you’ll agree we’ll end up with the key to the city.

(Her)

Well your sweet talkin’ lies, they had moisten’ my thighs
And soon we was rollin’ in money, I’d pose as royalty
And get clothin for free, and we ran the Big Con like a honey.
Then you got the Lord, or perhaps you got bored, and set up as a TV style preacher
Guess I’ve never know if you meant it, and so I’ll say thanks for a hell of a teacher.

(Him)

Oh sweet sister Kate, how I pray that you’ll wait,
And relent of your tricking and stealing, I have heard the glad word
That the lord has preferred, to hold back in His Confidence Dealing.
Park yeh arse on the seat of the car and just keep, the engine tuned up and hot humming
Cause the cheques have to clear and then I’m out of here, and I think for a while we’ll be running.

(together)

Oh never give up, on the dregs of the cup, they may sting you at first and be bitter,
but like it’s be said, if it don’t strike yeh dead
It can only help yeh to get fitter
And hold fast to love, that fits like hand in glove, and hold fast to a canny lass
For yeh can’t let her go (There’s too much that I know) and she might spill it all in a glass.

No comments: